Laser Safety Training
From Physics 111-Lab Wiki
Before starting any Physics 111 Advanced Lab experiment involving laser use, students must complete laser safety training, including reading training materials, viewing a safety video, taking a written quiz, and completing the Laser Safety Training Certification. Complete ALL the steps below and turn them into the 111-Lab Staff:
- View the Physics 111 Laser Safety Video
- Read the Laser Safety Manual.
- Read the Laser Safety Fact Sheet.
- Read the sections of the lab writeup concerning apparatus, procedures, and laser safety precautions specific to the experiment you are about to do.
- Print out and fill in the Laser Safety Quiz. (All answers can be found in the training documents above. Note: The LUR numbers are on the other sheet below.)
- Print out and fill in the Laser Training Certification LUR numbers located here Laser Training Certification Form
- Turn the quiz and training certification form in to your instructor and discuss any questions you have about the training or the specific experiment.
Each lab write-up includes specific operating instructions and safety procedures for the laser and other optical equipment used in that experiment. Please make sure you understand how to operate the equipment safely before turning on the laser. As always, ask your instructor for help if you are unsure.